Los Angeles for All (a project of Solidarity Research Center) invites you to a conversation on Occupy Wall Street and its legacy for revolutionary movements on Saturday, 8/12/23 at 7:30 PM at the Robinson Space.
ASSEMBLIES ACROSS THE COASTS
Together, we will collectively explore questions, such as:
- Occupy was a broad introduction to the practice of direct democracy for many folks. How do we translate that into daily life and not just revolutionary moments?
- What are lessons learned from Occupy for the #hotlaborsummer and the strike wave in Los Angeles right now?
- What is the role and relationship of insurgent movements with established nonprofits and trade unions?
The flow of the evening includes:
- Initial framing talks by speakers (8 minutes each)
- Small discussion groups (45 minutes)
- Break (10 minutes)
- Report back (40 minutes)
- Closing (10 minutes)
Refreshments will be available for a sliding scale donation.